Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Meanwhile, back at the paint shop...






Now that the holidays are over and done with, I can guiltlessly proceed with bugging people for favors regarding everything in general, and my car in particular. Thankfully, I have also recovered from the cold I had and that gives me much more energy to tackle my planned activities. The weather here in HK continues to be not so good, alternating between cold and foggy or cold and rainy. Even worse are days when all three converge resulting in a particularly gloomy feel to everything and at this time of the year, it happens more often than not. I can tell you as someone who grew up in the tropics, the attractions of winter get old pretty quick. After experiencing it in several places over the years, I have concluded that I would much rather suffer from prolonged heat than prolonged cold.

I was able to get a progress report by asking friends in Manila to drop by the paint shop and check how things are coming along. And also to send me pictures so I can see for myself what has been done. Special thanks to Heidi and Leo for going out of their way to visit Sergio in his "hospital bed".


From the pictures, I noticed that the body repairs have been completed for the front right fender and rear trunk lid. I was aware when I bought the car that the fender had been involved in a slight scrape and that the trunk lid had some paint fade/orange peeling most likely due to a long-ago retouching gone bad. They were what made me want to prioritize a repaint because it hurts my eyes to see such problem areas. Aside from those two spots, there seems to be no other major fixer upper as far as the body is concerned and again, I would think that this is great news. Everything still indicates that the car is basically sound

If only I can get them to revisit next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment