Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Ready for the oven...



My good friends once again dropped by the paint shop yesterday to check on what's happening to Sergio. They are not much of car enthusiasts but they say they are also motivated by a curiosity to find out a few nuances of car restoration. Neither of them have been involved in anything like this preferring instead to appreciate cars from a distance. Since I am the first person in their circle to do this, it may turn out to be a good learning opportunity if only for the fact that they can have an idea of where to go for repairs aside from the dealership. The process of transforming a clunker into an object of admiration is something which most people do not fully understand and for good reason. Car repair shops are not really the best of places to hang out in and the surroundings will turn off anyone save the most fanatical of gear heads. However, I told them not to judge a shop by its looks especially if the mess can be justified by it being busy. And this shop is always BUSY. I very much appreciate their effort in updating me and even though I will not hold my breath for it, who knows if I have a couple of future converts.

From what I can see in the pictures, the priming has been finished and Sergio should be going into the paint booth anytime for the first coat of paint. I am sure that by my return to Manila next week, the car will be in a much more recognizable state and perhaps be ready shortly after for the installation of the various parts I have accumulated. I will still have to pick up some other fixtures and accessories which were ordered before I left and should have arrived by now. More on that later.

In the meantime, the pace is picking up and I expect the next 2 or 3 weeks will be even more exciting as the car starts to take its final shape. Looking forward to that...

No comments:

Post a Comment