Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The right blue...


After a disappointing past two weeks with not much happening, I expect that the next few days will offer clearly visible progress. Passing by the shop yesterday, I was surprised to see the car moved from the paint booth and parked instead under the sun by the sidewalk. Jun and some of his staff were milling about so I was curious about this turn of events. He told me that they were forced to bring the car to the paint center for a more accurate reading of the paint mix. To do this, some minor reassembly was required but it was good that the paint center was just a few hundred meters away and even better that the car was still able to start after not being used for 6 weeks now. And in one click!

The timing of my visit was also good because Jun was comparing swatches of the various paint mixes and he let me have a look for my opinion. He, the master painter, and myself were unanimous in choosing a particular shade as the closest match so it now becomes a matter of mixing a final batch for spraying.

P.S. It is now 2 days later and still little action. The master painter has said that the required quantity and shade of DuPont paint has just been delivered. The primed surfaces have been cleaned and sanded again in preparation for spraying but until I see a coat of freakin' paint on the car, there'll be no peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment