Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Inside, outside...

Things are speeding up. As more and more portions of the work get done, it becomes harder for me to present a detailed description of events. Today alone, saw a number of major items completed on both the interior and exterior.  Perhaps pictures can tell the story better.  For a better reference to what I am writing about, I am first posting a couple of pictures of the interior taken when the car was delivered to me.


The seats were a grey velour with a striped grey accent running down the middle. There were a few small tears in the fabric at various spots although they were not very noticeable. The bigger problem I had with it was because I felt this grey-on-grey scheme was too dull for my liking. At first, I was thinking of just having custom seat covers made but eventually went for a total reupholstery job. A number of other interior components needed a makeover too and letting the seats stay as is would unbalance the result.

Among those which needed a makeover was the center console. Like the automatic shifter cover, the color has faded over time and turned shiny. Bottom line was, I wanted to bring back the matte finish to the fittings and change into a predominantly black interior scheme.

The morning was devoted to checking on what has been finished by Seatmate, the auto interior shop in Mandaluyong. I found out when I arrived that:

                          
-reupholstery was finished but I am only taking the driver's seat for now as I do not want to risk unnecessary dirt or damage from the paint shop. In any case, I will need to have this to take the car home. The rest will be installed when I return with Sergio for further interior work.


-the center console was already resprayed with a flat black vinyl paint. I am impressed at how it came out even if the effect may not be very obvious in the picture. This is only the front half of the console and once both halves are put together, I think the change will be significant. For comparison, take note that the center pad has not yet been retouched and hence shows the previous condition of the console.  Its color has turned towards a brownish shade of black and a glossy finish.

Aside from the rest of the seats, I am leaving behind the door sidings, rear deck cover, rear console, rubber trim, and a few other smaller items.  There would be no point in storing them in the less than ideal conditions of the paint shop ceiling.

After attending to other errands, another late afternoon run to the paint shop was made.  The master painter informed me that:


-the inner walls, fenders and...

-the last panels of the exterior have been painted.

Buffing and finishing begins soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment