Monday, March 15, 2010

Almost there...

Definitely moving forward. The resprayed topcoat is now dry and settled, and thankfully there has not been any recurrence of the previous paint blistering. The finishing stage is progressing quickly and some interior reassembly has begun.

Almost all of the car's exterior has been buffed. I was very pleased to see four people working on Sergio when I visited Carchitect this afternoon. Two were doing the final stages of buffing the exterior, another was reinstalling the windows and door fittings, while the fourth was detailing the carpet.  Make that five.  Actually, I did not realize that the master painter was also contributing to the work until he brought in the front grille, door handles, and various body mouldings after giving them a fresh coat of flat black paint.  Now I can be certain that all the bases have been covered as I cannot anymore think of what else needs a paint job.


By the time I left, this is how the car looked:


Tomorrow, I will bring in most of the other interior fittings and all of those for the exterior. I had previously left all the lights and the two front seats in the shop. The foreman has promised me that they will concentrate on putting back the interior for the next day or two.  Because of the current drought, it was good that there was absolutely no rain at all throughout the painting process.  On the other hand, I just hope that everything can be finished before the dreaded long brownouts start.

So much to look forward to but after all the delays, I am keeping my fingers crossed...

No comments:

Post a Comment