Monday, March 22, 2010

Home now...

Late Saturday afternoon, I was finally able to take Sergio home.  After more than three months in the paint shop, I am relieved to have him back where he belongs.  In my garage.

Its actually more of a temporary pass as the detailing work is not totally finished.  I asked to take the car out since the shop will be closed over the weekend anyway and also for me to be able to do some test driving in the meantime.  Actually, it was like trying out a new acquisition because I had to familiarize myself again with the location of the controls and other nuances of the dashboard layout.   Not to mention the added stress of making an effort to be extra careful on the short drive home. 






Notice my new garage sign specifically acquired for this occasion.  This is what it actually says:


I have listed down what I think needs to be worked on and for now, I am glad to report that they all of the minor variety.  Its just unfortunate that I will have to return Sergio to the paint shop for at least another day or two to have them done.  However, the best piece of news is that everyone has been very complementary of the result.  Its one thing when my close friends show their appreciation but a surprising number of strangers have come up to ask me for information on what I did with the car...

No comments:

Post a Comment