Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Off to somewhere again...

I have been back in Hong Kong for a week now to take a break from all the car stuff I have been doing since mid-January.  In hindsight, that really was the longest continuous period in which I have stayed in one place for so long.   For a very long stretch, its at most two months and then time to leave for somewhere else.  Not that going back is just another vacation.  I do need to take care of a number of things here and of course, lacking the typical staff available in Manila, those tasks will have to be attended to personally.

One of the things I need to take care of is to maintain the computer network at home.  We use a full wireless system wherein both the phone and internet signal comes in over the air, the so-called 4G system, and there is totally no need to plug in the computer network to any wall socket except for electricity.  Since this is state-of-the-art (for now), there are upgrades requiring some technical know-how to install.

I realize that I'm going out of topic here but just to satisfy an urge to build things, I am putting some of my time into assembling a new desktop computer from scratch.  What makes it interesting is that it will be the new low profile, micro-ATX form which means it will be half the size (or less) of the typical desktop but up to twice the computing power.  Good luck to me on this...

My already small old computer and the new one:


P.S. The thing actually works now!

No comments:

Post a Comment