Sunday, March 7, 2010

History is being rewritten...

In the previous chapter, I had thought that painting was all but done with except for the expected retouchings here and there.  As it turns out, there has been some scattered paint blistering which necessitates more extensive work than mere retouching.  The hood, trunk, and left side doors have been particularly affected and they are back to being in the priming stage.  I have been told by the master painter that this probably was caused by an inferior quality paint job done previously which in turn causes the new paint to runoff.  Since I am not really in a position to judge if this is true, I have no choice but to take their word for it. 

To their credit, the paint shop has taken the initiative to correct these imperfections.  I had seen some very small blisters (they actually look more like drippings of extra paint) during my routine visits and pointed them out but what they have fixed covers a greater area than what I saw.  The only thing now is no one seems to have any idea of how much longer it will take to complete the work as the management has informed me that they will ultimately do a complete respraying of topcoat to even out the finish.  First though, the repairs need a little time to dry out and settle before going on to the next step so things are running on an "it depends" basis.
                         

In the meantime, Sergio is just cooling his wheels in the paint booth while waiting for the new topcoat.  Not to be overly dramatic, but I am wondering if my car can leave that place while I am still young...

No comments:

Post a Comment